Friday, October 27, 2006

FinalCut assignment

Finalcut project outline.
• Create a themed slideshow in FCP
• Must use transitions (min 3 different)
• Must apply effects to min 3 slides
. Must apply motion to min 3 slides
• Must include the following
o Min 20 images
o Music
Edited to the length of the slide show
Must fade in and out if needed (no abrupt intro/ cut off of music)

I start this project on Sunday, looking for pictures and idea. Then my dad watch Top Gun in the basement, which gave me the idea. I start by looking at pictures of the planes I like. Then I borrow my dad Top Gun Sound Track for music background.
My first try with finalcut on Tue went pretty well, everything turn out pretty well other than the blackboarders coz the picture ratio is off (1024x730).
After watching the video countless times, I've decided to redo everything.
First, the pictures have to be resize/crop (1024x768). Next, more transition/motion are needed to smooth out the slideshow. Finally... The sound effect could be tweak, I grab a few extra sound effect and play around with it on Nuendo. (thanks Adam for teaching me how to use it)
I went back on Fri and redo my whole video. The concept remain unchange, but the overall quality have been improve.
btw, thanks to those who have help me in the project

I know the video isn't perfect, and could still be improve but I am out of time and have to work on my english.

Anyways, enjoy the video.
Feel free to comment the video, thats the only way I can learn and improve.

Source:
http://www.eurofighter.com/
Top Gun Original Soundtrack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home